Mt. Erie Christian Academy Preschool
Preschool Program Highlights
- Writing Skills
- Pre-reading Prep activities
- Small group focused literacy activities
- Leadership opportunities to teach and explore
- Daily Learning and Devotion sessions
- Bible Reading/Memorization techniques
- Thematic Lessons on Countries Around the World
- Hands on projects that reinforce number / letter skills
- Daily activities that build literacy
- Lessons the promote problem-solving
- Students learn conflict resolution strategies
- Bible Story Lessons and Memorization techniques
- Thematic Lessons that encourage Language Development
- Music and Movement Focused Activities
- Daily activities that Promote social skills
- Lessons the promote self help skills
- Bible Story Lessons with Memory Skills Themes
We use the highly accredited ABEKA Curriculum. Supplemental curriculum is designed based on the quarterly student assessments, and meets California Preschool Standards. Parents are made aware during informal parent meetings of students’ success and formally in semester progress reports.
- Home Grown Science Center provides bi-weekly activities that teach children about various components of environmental science; including anatomy/ life cycle of plants and animals, ecosystems, and benefits of recycling.
- Media / Library Center provides activities for students to enhance their learning potential in the areas of Literacy. Children are able to check books out and access activities that help to teach and reinforce letters, sounds, word families, and other activities that promote pre-reading strategies.
- Art Exploration Program introduces the students to a variety of concepts in art such as building structures, 3-dimensional forms, abstract painting, sculptural forms, and other general art using various media.
- Music Experience Program provides hands on activities for children to listen to music and “move” to the beats. Children are able to use instruments as a discovery tool or in a class band.
- American Sign Language Program introduces students to a second language. They learn basic ABC/123, in class communication as well as poems and songs.
Opportunities for Family Involvement
Parents and family members are able to volunteer regularly in class and at school programs or field trips. We offer a minimum of 4 field trips per school year. We also may ask for parent or community support for seasonal or educational project donations.
Family Involvement Programs
- Read In
- Friendship Picnic
- Science Fair
- Family Game Day
- Math Day
- Art Show
- Field Day
- Holiday Luncheons
- Nature Walk
- Trips to Library
Annual Student Performances
- Black History Month
- Pre-K Graduation
- Easter Program
- Christmas Program